Chevron

Friday, November 14, 2008

An 18-month old is a hazard to herself!

Grace is beginning to discover the hazards of climbing tables and barstools. She is trying her hardest to reject the high chair since she very much wants to be a big like her brothers and sister. The first problem with ditching the high chair is that she can easily climb out of her chair and onto the table. She has already tumbled off the bar stool in attempt to leap from the bar stool to the table! The other problem is that I have only 3 barstools and 4 children. I knew this would become a problem eventually, but I didn't realize it would happen so soon. Today Grace's soulution to the bar stool shortage was to push an even taller bar stool from the nearby pub table over to the island. This was a smart idea, but not a good idea. Before I knew what was happening, the big clunky bar stool tipped over and fell right on top of her head. The back of the chair actually landed on her neck. Both she and I were scared silly. Let's hope she learned a lesson: bar stools are our friends. High chairs are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment