Chevron

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Favorite Place

MASTER BATH REMODEL

Ever since we moved into our house in 2005, I have wanted to update our master bath. The bath area had an awful pink stripe and many of the tiles were cracked and even falling off the wall. So one day I took matters into my own hands and took a hammer to one section of the tile . I just wanted to see how difficult it would be to tear our the old tile. Besides that, I wanted to jump start the project to make sure that it happened. Mike wasn't too thrilled with me, but that is another story itself. During Christmas break, my brother Jake was here and he was kind enough to finish the demolition. Thanks, Jake!

I simply love the shiny little glass pieces contrasting the slate. It is funny because when Audrey walked into the bathroom, the first thing she noticed was the shiny glass. Then not too long after that, Grace came bounding into the bathroom. Right away she went up to touch the pretty sparkly pieces. What can I say? Girls like things that sparkle!


Here is the BEFORE picture...

I suppose I ought to explain this picture. Monica and I wanted to see just how many people we could fit in the bath tub. This picture was taken in 2006 while Brian and Mike were gone for months on end with the military. Strange things happen when husbands are away!


Well, when Mike got over being mad at me he threw himself whole-heartedly into the project. He was off work between Christmas and New Year's and during that time we managed to complete the bath area of our master bath. His job was tile cutter and I was the mortar spreader.

I have to say, we make a good team! Just look at our work.

AFTER...


The master bath remodel is by no means compete. We still have plans to tear out the floor tile and replace it with slate and then put granite on the vanity. We eventually hope to get new windows too For now I have a new favorite place, my bath tub. I have always enjoyed taking baths in my giant tub, but the updated look makes a bubble bath even better!

2 comments:

  1. You are inspiring. I am so jealous of the big tub. I can't wait to have a tub big enough to cover an adult body in water. My uncle says girls are like racoons they go toward sparkly things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You found the picture!!! We made things as fun as possible while our husbands were away, didn't we? The new tub looks absolutely fabulous. Wow. Let's plan the next spa day. :)

    ReplyDelete