Chevron

Friday, September 16, 2011

Inspired by Picasso

I managed to squeeze in one last art camp the week before school started.  This time we studied Picasso and did projects inspired by some of his greatest works.  This particular bunch of kids is very talented.  They are also older than most of the other kids that I taught this summer at Back Porch Studio.  Very enjoyable.  








I am quite intrigued by Picasso.  I have been studying more about him since I visited the traveling Picasso exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum last December.   I listened to an audio tour that explained a little history and background information about each of his pieces.  I could really relate to Picasso when it was explained that he wanted to create art that could be seen and felt from many different angles all at the same time.   I suspect Picasso's mind was in constant motion.  I can really relate!   Anyway, Picasso abandoned perspective from a single vantage point in a style of art called Cubism.  He used lots of  abstract shapes and unnatural perspective.       






No comments:

Post a Comment