Chevron

Monday, January 2, 2012

Poor Lola


Poor Lola was recently surrendered to the Humane Society.  Mike decided that one of the pets had to go and Lola got the short end of the stick.  The cat and dog were constantly battling.  Besides, she has been holding a grudge ever since we brought Gunner home nearly 2 years ago.  She was no longer an enjoyable pet, just a  nuisance.    I just hope she ended up underneath somebody's Christmas tree.  Grace and I were a little sad the day she left.  Jared is also going to miss her.  Mike, on the other hand, is thrilled to have a cat-free home.  He must have felt at least a little guilty.  Just ask him about his nightmare involving Lola!   




I have to share at least one story involving Lola.  It seems timely since I am posting about her.  One day this fall  Jared was riding the bus home from school. As is often the case, he texted me to ask for a ride up the hill.  He informed me that the bus was nearing his stop very soon.  It must have been raining or something because I recall that I quickly jumped in the car, backed out of the driveway, and went screaming down the hill.  I arrived at the bus stop just as a dozen or so junior high kids were piling out of the big yellow bus.   Jared was squished in the middle of the pack and all around him kids were smiling and laughing when I pulled up to the curb. I assumed Jared had said something witty or that they were trying to bum a ride since they were all looking my way.  

Neither was the case.  I soon learned that Lola had been on top of my car the entire time!  She managed to cling to the luggage rack and hang on for dear life as the car skated down the steep hill.  By the time Jared tried to rescue the poor car, her claws were cemented to the roof.  Jared quickly swiped Lola from the top of the car, hopped inside, and then sheepishly said, "that was special, Mom."  Poor Jared.  Poor Lola.

So good-bye, Lola.  You were a good mouser and furry friend.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment